Don’t lose yourself in the crowd this summer. Find a maxi dress that suits the weather without being the cookie-cutter empire-style, floral/paisley print with spaghetti straps. Don’t get us wrong– we find those pretty but just a little too overdone. Breathe some fresh life into your wardrobe this summer in maxi dresses that push the design envelope and even your aesthetic comfort zone. At Shopbop, their latest maxi dresses are just the type to do all that. We found major sheer effect mixed with thigh-high slits for a cool and sexy attitude. Others test the boundaries of the maxi dress definition with asymmetrical or high-low hems. Shopping for princess-y elements like silk chiffon, colorful beadwork, and tiered styles are also great advice. Take a look at these designs that follow the best summer advice for style– explore and discover!
1) Vida Uneven Hem Dress, $158, Ella Moss
2) High Low Cascade Maxi Dress, $295, Twelfth St. by Cynthia Vincent
3) Beaded Cups Modal Dress, $341, Mara Hoffman
4) The Nikolina Dress, $598, BCBGMAXAZRIA
5) Siwa Dress, $218, ONE by Stretta
6) Modal Braided Tie Poncho, $341, Mara Hoffman